The EPIC site is popular for the verification of your primary medical qualification a.k.a your MBBS undergraduate certificate. This is one of the various things needed to aid your GMC registration process after successful completion of the PLAB exams. You can begin this process as soon as you obtain your certificate or anytime convenient for you. Although, one should know it can take quite some time to complete the process depending on different circumstances.
The process is quite straightforward if you follow the right process. Check out the details below;
STEP 1 : OPENING AN EPIC ACCOUNT
- Visit the website https://www.ecfmgepic.org/physicians-use.php
- Select create epic account
- Provide your basic information (personal and education)
- At this point, you should have a colored soft copy of your passport sized photograph and a scanned copy of the data page of your valid international passport or ID (colored).
- Upload the documents
- A registration fee on the Epic site will be charged which currently costs $130.
- You will receive an email from ECFMG stating allowance of 3 business days to establish your account. After which a temporary username and password will be sent to you to access the portal.
- An email will be sent to you once the account is established alongside your EPIC identification number.
- When you login, you can then change the temporary username and password to whatever you like.
STEP 2 : IDENTITY VERIFICATION
- You will be sent an email referring you to ‘notarycam’ to get your identity checked via zoom on your mobile or if you have a camera installed on your computer.
- Make sure to download a copy of EIF form under ‘my identification documents’ which contains your basic information filled in the first step as it is required here (Do not sign the form)
- It can take as little as 2 – 5 minutes to get your identity verified.
- When the agent from notarycam has verified your identity, he/she will electronically sign the downloaded basic information document and send to ECFMG to inform them that you have been verified.
- You will receive a congratulatory mail from ECFMG that your identity has been verified and you can now upload your primary medical qualification for verification.
STEP 3 : UPLOADING & VERIFYING YOUR PMQ
- Select Medical Diploma in the options
- You will be charged $100 for the upload of your document and prompted to have your certificate sent via email without tracking at no cost or with tracking for a $30 charge.
- Tracking is offered because a copy of the document you uploaded will be sent to your university/college for authentication.
- Therefore, it is highly important you inform the appropriate authority in charge of such processes in your university to expect the email from ECFMG, so as to confirm on time and send an email back to ECFMG.
- Unfortunately, some universities do not support the email pathway and would require a physical copy from ECFMG for authentication. This process is usually longer and costs extra charges for postage back and forth.
- Once your university authenticates your qualification, it will be sent back to ECFMG.
- ECFMG then verifies it and prompts for a copy to be sent to GMC (ENSURE YOU MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR A COPY TO BE SENT TO GMC)
- You are good to go.
For more tips about your plab journey, follow this website for instant updates.
2 thoughts on “ECFMG EPIC VERIFICATION PROCESS”
Providing eligible international medical schools with data on the performance of their students and graduates who apply to ECFMG for USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS